Ways YOU Can Raise Money to Educate Girls
Here it is, your go-to for ideas on how YOU can help enhance the education of girls through the Girl Effect Challenge! Use the ideas below to fundraise, use the templates we’ve provided to make it easy and have fun while teaching others how they can give girls the tools they need to succeed!
- Run a GlobalGiving Fundraiser – Step-by-step instructions here
- Hold a special collection at your house of worship.
- Share our project, Empower Girls, Provide Computer Training, on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. Let your network know how rewarding it is to make a difference!
- Host a bake sale at school and donate the proceeds online or via check.
- Send an e-mail appeal to friends and family telling them about this unique opportunity to make a difference. See a sample email template that will help you get started.
- Ask a local business if they’ll donate 1% or 5% of one days profit to Educate a Girl, Educate a Nation.
- Ask your friends and family to skip restaurant meals and fast food for one week and donate their saving to Educate a Girl, Educate a Nation
- Post a flyer on a community board at your local library
- Send a press release to your local paper explaining how the Girl Effect Challenge can boost education in Sierra Leone. See Press Release...
- Give a speech at school, church, or your local Rotary Club explaining the unique barriers to education girls face in Sierra Leone and ask for donations to help change this reality.
- Commit to a month without your daily coffee shop purchase and donate your savings to the Girl Effect Challenge.
- Tell your friends and family how much this cause means to you and ask if they can pitch in.
- Ask your office to adopt the challenge: use the information we’ve provided to explain the importance of educating girls in Sierra Leone and ask your coworkers to donate.
Get creative! Use your talent, resources and personal experience to come up with your own fundraiser!
So, you’ve held your fundraiser, how do you donate to the Girl Effect Challenge???
After you’ve held your fundraiser, donating couldn’t be easier! Just follow the instructions below.
If you’d like to pay via credit card or PayPal, simply:
1. Go to http://www.globalgiving.org/projects/4792
2. Choose an amount or enter an amount in the "Other amount" box
3. Hit the "Donate” button.
4. Follow the instructions to complete payment - choose Credit card / Paypal / Check
** Be sure to give the exact amount that you raised and use the donations you received to reimburse your credit card.
If you’d prefer to send a check, GlobalGiving accepts checks from a US Bank. Simply:
- Mail the check to:
The GlobalGiving Foundation
1023 15th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005
- Make checks payable to: The GlobalGiving Foundation
- On the memo line, please write Project #4792. If you would like to get email updates on the project, please also add your email address.
***Please note: each check you collect will count as 1 unique donation. If your fundraiser brings in cash, you can write just one check and – though it will only count as one unique donation- it will go a long way toward helping us meet our fundraising goal to educate girls!